How can I add money with an online bank transfer?
Topping up your Pyypl account with a bank transfer is quick and simple. Let's walk you through it.
1. Launch your Pyypl app
Make sure you have signed up and completed your verification before adding money to your account. If you haven't signed up yet, tap here for a step-by-step guide on how to sign up for a Pyypl account.
Launch your app and enter the passcode.
2. Add money
Go to the home screen on your app and tap top-up.
Tap on bank transfer and select manual from the pop-up on your screen.
3. Tell us how much you'd like to top up
Enter the amount you want to transfer from your bank account to Pyypl, and tap next.
4. Get your Pyypl bank account information
Here, you'll see your Pyypl bank account information. Save this and head to your online banking portal.
Tip: Ensure you enter all the provided information on your app screen and do not close your app at this stage.
5. Head to your online banking portal
Just log into your online banking portal, set up a transfer and add the bank account details you found on the Pyypl app.
When initiating the transfer, you must include your Pyypl-registered mobile number as the payment reference.
Once you've executed the transfer, copy or note down the transaction reference number from your online banking portal.
Tip: Adding your Pyypl registered mobile number to the transfer will help us track your funds.
6. Confirm your deposit
Go back to your Pyypl app and add the transaction reference ID you've obtained from your online banking portal and tap I've paid already.
7. Let us handle your funds
Typically a local bank transfer can take between 1-3 working days and an international transfer can take between 3-5 working days.
Once we've received your funds, it will take 24 hours to deposit them into your Pyypl account.
We will notify you on the app once we've made the deposit.
A few important things to remember:
- The name on your bank account must match the name registered on your Pyypl account. We won't be able to process your transfer if the name doesn't match.
- Your transfer will be reversed if the funds are deposited from a different account if the names do not match.
- The reference must be entered correctly. Entering your phone number in the reference section helps us identify your transfer and proceed to credit your Pyypl account.
- The beneficiary details must be entered correctly as they appear on your Pyypl app.
- Your transfer amount must be equal to what you've entered on the app; paying more or less may delay your transfer.
If you've not received the funds within 5 working days of initiating the transfer, please contact support through the chat option available on the app or email at email@example.com
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article